Auto Repair Heating and A/C Services
Comfort Auto Repair Keeps You Warm In Winter And Cool In Summer
Comfort Auto Repair Offers Vehicle Heating and A/C Services
The cooling and heating systems of your vehicle are important to not only your personal driving comfort and to the overall operation of your car’s engine.
Keeping on top of these maintenance of these functions will insure trouble free operation of your vehicle.
Our professional vehicle repair technicians will do a complete system evaluation in order to properly diagnose and prevent any potential problems
Automotive Air Conditioning & Heating
Comfort Auto Repair Offers State Of The Art Services For Your Car or Small Truck
Do you know that your car’s engine will generate enough heat to damage and destroy itself?
It is the vehicle’s cooling system which protects against this potential heat damage by keeping the engine operating within a safety temperature range. By having regular checks and performing preventive maintenance, this will help insure a longer life of your engine.
Auto Repair - Your Automobiles Cooling System
Your vehicle’s engine uses a specially formulated coolant to maintain a constant operating temperature.
Components such as the water pump, radiator, thermostat, belts and hoses are all necessary to in keeping an engine running cool.
Auto Repair - Your Automobiles Heating System
Automotive heating systems use the anti-freeze coolant that is heated by the engine and pumped into the interior of you vehicle to warm the air.
The anti-freeze coolant should be replaced as prescribed by the vehicles manufacturer. Regular replacement of coolant will greatly increase the life of your vehicles cooling system components.
It is generally recommended that your vehicles cooling system should be completely flushed and refilled around every 24 months.
The fluid level, coolant condition, and concentration should be checked. A 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and water is usually recommended
Auto Repair – Here are just a few A/C, Heating System Danger Signs
- Your vehicle stalls or idles rough when the air conditioning is turned on
- The Engine runs hot, overheats when the A/C is running
- The A/C unit or engine makes unusual noises when the heater or A/C is turned on
- Unusual odors are coming in from the interior vents
- The fan or blower does not work when set in A/C mode
- Fan/blower sounds much louder than usual
- One or more of the controls do not function
- You notice that the heater, or defroster vents are not working
- The A/C system doesn’t cool the vehicle to the right temperature
- Your car’s windows fog when the defroster is turned on
- The engine cooling fan cycles on and off too quickly
- You notice water on the inside floor, or leaks outside the vehicle
- The fact that your A/C and heating units have not been serviced regularly
Please Note: These warning signs are only possible symptoms of a potential problem. Please stop by Comfort Auto Repair and ask our service technicians for a professional diagnosis.
Don’t Wait For Issues To Happen When You Least Expect It! Or If The D0… Please give us a call
Auto Repair Maintenance and Repairs – What’s Involved
Here are the issues involved in the proper maintenance or your vehicles cooling and heating systems:
- Checking the condition of water pump.
- Inspecting the radiator for leaks and corrosion.
- Check the coolant.
- Look carefully for leaking hoses and connections. Tighten any loose clamps.
- Check the condition of the radiator pressure cap. If the rubber gasket is damaged, it should be replaced. Pressure testing of radiator and pressure caps assures the most accurate test.
- If you notice that the engine runs too cool or too hot, check the thermostat and see if it needs replacing.
- Inspect the condition of all the hoses. Look for any cracked, leaking, soft or rotted rubber hose parts. Any deteriorating hoses need to be replaced.
- Replace any faulty clamps.
- Check all the belts for wear and tear and tension tightness. Since most belts usually have a life span of 4-5 years replacing them can prevent problems if you are out on the road. Definitely replace any frayed or cracked belts immediately
We Offer Top Quality Air Conditioning and Automobile Heating Replacement or Repair Service In Portland
Performing Prevention Maintenance:
- Pressure readings
- Do a Leak test
- Check the component performances and do a visual inspection
- Check all belts, hoses and connections
- Pressure test the engine cooling system
- If needed, recharge your cooling system
- Check proper operation of dash controls, blower motor, engine cooling fan
- Check antifreeze/engine coolant
Please note: This system evaluation will be credited towards any repair and or recharge services.
If you notice anything at all unusual don’t wait!
The problems will only get worse and more expensive
What can Comfort Auto Repair do for you?
First, we can perform preventive maintenance as necessary to keep your engine’s heating and cooling system in good running order.
If you do have a problem, we can take care of it quickly
Please give us a call
Comfort Auto Repair
2653 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Portland, OR 97212
This content has been provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for a comprehensive transmission inspection. Call and make an appointment at Comfort Auto Repair for a free 27 point inspection of your vehicle.